Induction week & Studio
The week started with a chilled-out Monday and Tuesday, finishing off the last bits of my dissertation prep. I'm sure my fellow students were enjoying Freshers, but sleep is what elder millennials dream of (and a good coffee, of course).
The year group was surprised with a questionnaire, as the university wanted to know our expectations and goals for the year. As well as a few newsletters to welcome us back. This meant a lot of on-the-spot thinking and goal setting.
Social media
One of my goals this year is to post on Instagram regularly. It will improve my employment opportunities, and I believe it may help with the communications unit next term.
I also need to blog regularly as this will become my design diary. Which I will be required to hand in with my sketchbook. I have given myself regular writing goals.
Initially, I had nothing to put on my account, which pushed me to think creatively. I used my photography skills and past work to meet my internal deadline.
Induction day
It was a short day, yet full of information. My head was scrambled by the end, but I was happy to be back. The studio I have been placed in has a theme of history and renovations. I talked about historic buildings and sustainability in the surprise questionnaire, so the theme suits my interests. There is a lot of initial reading to do. However, I am excited by the prospect of learning more about historic buildings.
When the year was split into studio groups, after lunch, we were asked more about our expectations for the year. It was nice that other studio members also wanted to focus on their presentation skills. Our tutor plans to give us more chances to practice.
The task for this week is to analyse a planning document in pairs and then summarise the documents in next week's class. After reading and annotating the document, my partner and I discussed our approach over WhatsApp. I am creating the timeline, and we will join the summary together later in the week.






































