Design Narratives: This year

This project was also not fully completed due to personal circumstances. However, it was going in a very positive direction. I began experimenting with presentation throughout, focusing on typeface and ways of presenting material with collage.

 

The stationary used throughout the sketchbook was selected to connect its presentation with the brief and site. Though I have done this in other projects, the bright, vivid colours of the clips tied in especially well with the general area of the site.

 

Acting on advice from my course tutor I aim to keep the design simple. Brick was the obvious choice of material for the design, as the site was surrounded by various brick buildings. The brick buildings surrounding the site also inspired an environmentally friendly and economical approach to sourcing materials. The design would be able to carry off any type of brick. However, new brick can look kitch, so I wanted to use recycled brick. Specifying a range of bricks which can be used rather than a particular type of brick, allows contractors to select cheaper bricks found close to the site.

 The form of the building and landscape were based on the concept box (stage I). Photography captured beautiful blue reflections created by the Bell jar lid.

Though technical solutions have been found for the tower structure, there was not enough time to apply them. Hence, the scheme not being fully represented.

Feedback

“There has been excellent and rigorous research undertaken as the foundations for this

project showing critical insight, breadth, depth and understanding of the subject matter and

there is evidence of experimentation in the comprehensive sketchbook. Unfortunately, a

scheme has not been fully represented.”

Grade: Stage 1 20% (58) Stage 80% (42)

Overall Mark 45

Though the grade of this project was not my usual standard, it has allowed me to move forward within my course. Again, I may consider going back to this project my year off and finishing it to a good standard.

Final Presentation




 

Sketchbook

 















































 





















































































Popular Posts