Technology and environment: Design Practice (Artifact 1, 3 and notes)(part 1)
Lectures
This year's technology and environment lectures expand on last year's. They are interesting but a lot to take in. We had a guest lecture from a Hampshire based firm. It was interesting to understand what they were looking for in interns/part 1 architects.
Artefact 3
The coursework is split into 3 artefacts. The class was advised to do a little bit towards artefact 3 each week. It is based on our Maggie centre design. So I red a couple of pieces on copper structured buildings. Then traced and analysed a technical detail.
Artefact 1
We don't work in person due to our availability. We check in with each other when we pass and have a group what's app chat. I suggested that we create 2 pages each. 2 members of my team chose their pages, then after an hour, I chose mine (I let others go first as I didn't want anything specific). My last team member needed prompting at the end of the week. He had been ill, so I helped him work out what pages were left. Another student said she was happy to take all of the work and present it for consistency. She has created a google folder for the parts.
My pages are based on the building's context. I worked through the questions in the brief. Creating the first page in week 3. I plan to do the second page in week 4. The first page answers most of the questions, and I have a clear plan of what I will draw for the second page.
Artefact 2 is a detail based on the initial group work.
