Communications: Communication: Creative Practice (Digital)
(Published 18/2/22)
CAD and drawing software was the basis for this year's communications unit. I did not use a sketchbook as everything was created on the computer, and Sonocent was used to take notes. The coursework was based on the Maggie's Centre design created in the design units, which ran alongside communications. The work handed in could be similar but not the same as the design hand-in.
I hope to use InDesign to present the poster; however, one of the task sheets specified that we use Illustrator for the final presentation. I wasn't pleased about this as I am not friends with Illustrator. However, by the end of the unit, I felt more comfortable working with the software.
My most significant learning outcome of the unit was Rhino. Though there are plenty of times I curse the software (as I did was SketchUp), I now feel capable with in the software.
I was pleasantly surprised by the speed at which I made the digital atmospheric collage using Photoshop. I originally learned photoshop during BTEC eight years ago, so I have been a little rusty at times during this course. I think software is like a second language, there are different stages of fluency, and it's always a pleasant surprise when you reach the next stage.
The composition of the final poster feels a bit immature. This is partly down to my abilities within Illustrator. I did take some time to analyse architecture poster layouts. However, going forward, I would like to learn more about the subject. I am quite happy with my process poster, though.
