Desighn application: The End (part 3)
[Published 21/6/2021]
The Brief
when I first received the brief, I like to go through it. Highlighting bits of interesting information and making notes. As I get to the end of the project, I use the brief as an organisational aid. I also went through the brief with Post-it notes to ensure that I had included everything necessary from the brief, in the project.
One of my one-to-one sessions with ASDAC was focused on reading and analysing the brief. Using my new technology to dissect the brief and gain a clearer understanding. I aim to put this into practice next year and start working on the final pieces at the start of the project. Even if I title a few photoshop pages, which I add to and edit throughout the project. I want to start putting more time into my final submissions. As I feel, because they are the end of the project, they become a last thought. Not a pivotal part of the project, that it is. Which could harm how seriously the design is taken. And therefore my work in general.

We were given a Gantt chart initially at the start of the project. Though I found it a bit hard to read (dyslexia), and the dates changed due to different university issues. I was glad to have the opportunity to familiarise myself with this chart as I know that it is used in the profession and I need to learn to read it. Hopefully, I will find it more useful in the future. This is the matrix used to mark my work. Again next year, I want to utilise my new technology to dissect it and better understand what's needed.
The Final Piece
There are some inconsistencies within the final handing. However, to repeat what I've said before, I feel that I could close the project to see some of the issues. But it does fill me with pride that I have completed this volume of work to a good standard. A standard better than I would have believed I could at the start of the course. I am also really pleased with how I have laid it out.
Document A
I'm quite pleased with the way that document A (the sketchbook book pages) came out. This I spent a lot of time trying to line them up evenly. While making sure that their order of creation was readable. I used the total amount of pages allowed. However, I would have loved to have added a couple more relevant pages as I feel this would have told the story in more detail and possibly even improve my marks.
The coloured background worked well. I was dubious about adding such a bold background. But it defined the pages, ensuring that they could be read clearly.
Document B
I didn't recreate the poster. When I got to the point where I had the time, I was very burnt out. Looking back at the process, I wish I'd had the confidence to draw what I wanted to draw rather than taking photos. I feel now that I could have pulled off that time. I need to keep improving my confidence.
I'm most proud of the perspective using the killer image. I could have produced more images, but it's quality, not quantity. The editing of the pictures and the layout have turned out excellently.










