Design Application:TB2 Week 10
This weeks work
The design continued to develop through plan and section, drawn simultaneously to action feedback from last week. Using both to simulate the 3D nature of the building in 2D.
The stairs took a long time to design successfully. They provide a means to circulate the building and visually experience the gallery and activities from different angles. The landing though practical and following regulations, creates a space to pause and observe.
Lighting and ventilation were explored further. Care was
taken not to invade the neighbours' privacy.
Metric handbook [https://g.co/kgs/37Z2x7] was used to undersand spacial organisation and potential.
Pre-Lecture
(Online) lecture notes; about Sections and how to create a killer image.
Studio and Feedback
I gave a visual tour of the building, which was much clearer than the last presentation. I was asked to develop my structure as a whole section and was told that I didn't necessarily have to use a drawing board. That the stairs and the central space would be easier to understand and visualise. I like the ability to close in on detail with the floor sections. However, I understand the comment and plan to action it soon. Maybe in the future, I can find a way to work in both whole and part sections. A positive critique was that it was nice to see my thoughts as I designed.
Ground floor
First floor

Second Floor
Next week is the interim review. There are a few tasks to be compleated before then, such as bringing my site plan (etc) together. I plan to start my final presentation before continuing to design. During the studio, I went through my sketchbook and labelled everything ready to go on digital design bords.













