Volumes (part2)
(Published 1/3/2021)
Week 3 to 4 (stairs)

Week 3 was focused on staircases and scale drawing. (I think) I would have been better off scale drawing from the start and then using my drawings to base the models on. By the End of this project I was really behind. I barley submitted in time. I'm actually not sure that I'll pass.
I'm happy with the doors page and the grid system I created to design my stairs.
The Weekend
On Friday evening I came to the conclusion, that I would not be able to submit in time. I re-read the brief. Made a list of items which needed submitting. Drafted an email to my Lecturer and had a very long weekend.
It was like a pandoras box. The more I drew the more I sore. To repeat what I wrote earlier I should have started with the scale drawing and ignored the model making first direction. However I understand the need to understand different processes.
(added 3/2/2021)
Presentation
I'm glad I submitted, I actually may pass.
The tutors said that they liked the idea (and the way it was worded) behind the staircase (going along seeing the view and the traveling down into Fathy's world). The development of the project was clear. My only feed forward was to finish the atmospheric drawing. For myself. So I can look back at it later and possibly use it in my portfolio.
The class feedback was that we all worked hard and to remember that it was only a 4 week project.
Presenting isn't my skill. I am no public wordsmith. My nerves got the better of me, during my presentation and I struggled to read my notes (or remember what I was going to say). In the future I need to add my presentation points/notes to the presentation document. This will mean that anything forgotten will still be noted. This time I wrote my notes on a post it, on each corresponding page in my sketchbook. I believe my last technique of writing on the presentation was better.
My 3 favorite things from other peoples work:
- Exploring textures to use in rendering
- Client brief (as a written document)
- Collaging techniques














































