Volumes (Part 1)

(published 1/3/2021)

 2 Week brake

 
 

 
So week one of the project started with an impromptu email mid way through our 2 week brake. I would have been oblivious if it wasn't for the year Wats app (don't know how to spell this. I'm just not down with the kids, lol.) group.

The task took about 2 hours and mainly relied on my previous research.
I was pleased with the sketches and my brief points. However, during the first presentations I released that I had not given any thought to the presentation. The tutor said not to go back and re-do any of them. I feel like I may if there is time before submission, so that I don't remove focus from the main task. Its fairly painful to look at.

During the presentation I learnt that the University uses Harvard APA not Vancouver for referencing.
 
My feed forward was positive. Clear direction. Advised to read the Craftsman by Richard Sennett.
 

Week 1 (Intro) 







 












 





 



























 
On week 1 I had a bit of artists block. I don't know if I was overwhelmed, by the amount of things, to put in one space. The idea of making a few complex sketch models was to daunting. Or if I had such a clear picture of what went were and how the space was going to be. I didn't know the purpose of these models and there for I didn't know what to actually make. As a side not development is normally the part of the project I struggle with. I overcame this by following the week 1 plan and just making stuff. Anything is better then nothing.

I didn't add all the photos to my sketch book, as they were just potential filler. They weren't really necessary as I would only be showing 8 pages from my book and it was nothing I would forget. 

I was most pleased by my 1:50 table. It really helped me understand the space.

Popular Posts