Design: Application Week 2-3

 

 (Published 29/3/2021)

Task & Feedback

This week’s task was to create an adjacency model by creating tiles representing the dimensions from the brief at 1:100 scale. In previous projects, my lack of modelling has been a barrier to a better grade. So, I pushed the model making by creating boxes rather than tiles, which I edited throughout the process. I made quick, hand-drawn, 1:500 diagrams of these models.  Using last week’s advice to work in a range of scales. All the above gained me positive feedback this week.


 

This week I used the days bright natural light to photograph models instead of lighting the photos artificially. I liked the shadows created by other objects, as this would happen in real life. Although a cleaner light would be required for final models, I love the authenticity and warmth this gives my model.

 















 

Extra Reaserch

My feedforward was to start orthographic drawing my building. However, I feel that there are wholes in my research and that my colleague's research is more extensive than mine. So I plan to use some of the time in consolidation week to broaden my research before I start the orthographic drawings.




 

Casual Bibliography

·         https://www.instagram.com/jodie_neale_ceramics/?hl=en

·         https://www.instagram.com/oak_fired_clay/?hl=en

·         https://www.sallytullyceramics.co.uk/

·         https://www.instagram.com/sally.tully/?hl=en

·         https://www.richmiller.co.uk/about

·         https://www.instagram.com/richmillerpots/

·         https://www.keithbrymerjones.com/about-keith/

·         https://roseschmits.com/

·         https://www.gathered.how/arts-crafts/art/pottery/the-great-pottery-throwdown/

Popular Posts